What is the best find you ever made?

What would you consider to be the very best find you made. Or the one that excited you most.

1 Like

After 35 years of detecting this is easily my single best find.

4 Likes

Did you take those photos yourself, and if so, how did get them to look so good?

1 Like

Wow

Ok mine is my 80 coin/ring/token/button spill. Guess that counts as a find.

Steve

4 Likes

Almost like a detectorist dumped out their finds in one spot

1 Like

. It is almost like a chest of valuables would have been buried there. :astonished:

I did. Little trick I learned using the iPhone’s magnifier app. It takes great macro pics!

That’s a nice bunch of finds Steve!

That gold coin will definitely be hard to beat!

I’d love to find one some day.

2 Likes

Mine was on a recovery call.

I found a woman’s ring, then she came charging at me like a grizzly bear. She was about 5 feet away she jumped into the air and tackled me. I thought she broke my back. I wasn’t expecting anything like that. Now, i watch to see if they are going crazy on me.

2 Likes

That’s crazy

1 Like

Sounds like she was happy to see that ring and you instantly became her hero. Lol

1 Like

My best find was a 1864 penny worth about 100 bucks pretty dull compared to what you guys all find!

2 Likes

Coin, I think Id go with an 1884O Morgan dollar and relic I’d say a US cartridge plate
P2010012a

1 Like

Super nice shape, and awesome in any condition!

1 Like

Beautiful coin and especially that plate! In all these years of detecting, I can’t seem to get my coil over a CW plate of any kind. Found plenty of buttons, but no plates!