Anybody else hunt year round?

It was about 35 for a high, but if you dress warm enough, its just another day hunting! The giant token is circa 1904 from a Cincinnati distiller. 1959 Mexican 5 centavos, coupla tootsie toys and a chunk of some promo piece that says Compliments of M. C. Lilley Co Manufacturers of Knights Pythias Supplies. Wish I could read more so I could figure out what it was; a badge, a bell, a box? The large cent rang up weird and was covered in a thick scale. I hit it with some electrolysis, but left it cook too long, not that it would have mattered a lot for this one; its toasted.

1 Like

I usually hunt year round.

In my area the winters are rough some times. Some years Lake Michigan doesn’t freeze. If Lake Michigan freezes over, I have no place to go. Everything will be froze up.

This picture was last weekend.

1 Like

Between it getting dark so early and the cold I dont get out much this time of year.

You guys that hunt in the cold are better men than me!

I think it’s just what you’re used to.

I go crazy if the temp gets over 75 degrees in the summer.

If the temp is over 30 degrees, I usually don’t ever wear a coat.

1 Like

Nice finds! I try and get out during the winter somewhat as long as I can find somewhere that isn’t too frozen to dig and it’s not too windy. Usually the woods. Went out yesterday morning for a bit before I head for a couple weeks at camp.

Steve

1 Like

That’s a nice old largie in good shape!

1 Like

Yeah they never come out looking like that

Steve

1 Like